Dear AAJA Seattle members and supporters,
As I write this, I am eagerly awaiting the birth of my first child. This will be a quite an exciting and hectic time for my husband and I . As part of this transition, I will be on maternity leave through Labor Day. During this period, I will be delegating many of my duties to the members of my board and limiting my workload with the chapter.
This note will detail how to best reach the chapter during this time and a rundown of some great events our chapter has planned for this summer.
If you need to reach the chapter, please send an email to email@example.com. Please address the email to Chapter Secretary Samantha Pak. She will coordinate any necessary response and action.
Here’s what on tap for AAJA Seattle for the next few months:
- AAJA Seattle’s next Dim Sum Saturday event is June 27 at New Hong Kong Restaurant, 900 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98104. This is a fun and casual way to catch up with fellow members and hear what is happening with our chapter.
- The chapter is planning our Chefs Showcase event, which will be on August 10. We are bringing back the event for a second year after a successful launch last year. We certainly hope you will join us. More importantly, this kind of event requires a lot of hands, and we are also seeking volunteers. Please contact vice president of events Natasha Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or if you’re interested in volunteering.
- The AAJA National Convention in San Francisco will be held August 12-15 at the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco. Our chapter will be well represented though a variety of roles at the convention. You can check out the full schedule here and register here. The pre-convention member rate of $325 ($150 for students) ) is good until the end of the month.
- Our annual chapter picnic is planned for August 29 at Lincoln Park in West Seattle. This is a great time to catch up with members, enjoy delicious food and the nice water views. Join us!
- Our 30th Anniversary activities will continue. Check the 30th Anniversary page for the latest. In the meanwhile, please save the date for our anniversary gala: November 14, 2015.
- Finally, want a chance to win free tickets to either the Chefs Showcase or the 30th Anniversary Gala? AAJA Seattle will be giving away two tickets for each event for a member who renews or joins AAJA before the end of this month, June 30.
I want to send a huge thank you to my board for their support while I go through this major life transition. I also want to emphasize that because of their effort, the chapter will be in good hands. While my workload will be limited, I hope to be present at chapter events (possibly with the new baby), so I hope to see you all there!
Mai Hoang, AAJA Seattle president