The deadline for the KIRO-TV/NJC 2018 Internship has been extended to Saturday April 7, 2018.
The KIRO-TV/NJC internship is a paid internship. The internship involves working on different aspects of producing a newscast, including reporting, under close supervision and with a mentor in KIRO-7’s newsroom.
Rhea Panela, the 2017 KIRO-TV/NJC intern, talks about her experience last summer at KIRO 7.
In partnership with the Northwest Journalists of Color, KIRO 7 will offer one recipient the opportunity to be a paid Intern for the KIRO 7 News Department.
An Internship at KIRO 7 provides the opportunity to be embedded in the news environment to learn about the behind-the-scenes workings of a TV and digital newsroom. Interns will be researching stories, writing scripts, and occasionally following KIRO 7 news crews in the field. In addition to learning in the newsroom, this intern will also meet people from other departments to understand the business of the television station as a whole. This paid position is 20 to 30 hours a week and starts in June.
The intern will be recommended to KIRO 7 by a panel of judges, including members of the station’s staff and NJC program volunteers, and the final selection made by KIRO 7 management.
- The student must be registered at a University, College, Community College or Vocational-Technical Institute.
- The student should have junior or senior status, or be in the last year of a Community College or Vocational-Technical program.
- All internships require 20-30 hours per week covering a period of 10-16 weeks, depending on the school’s quarter or semester length. The internship starts in June.
- While KIRO 7 considers the Internship program format valuable in observing the student’s attitude, talents, and skills, it is understood that no guarantees are given for future employment.
- Students will only be offered an Internship after completing a pre-employment drug and background screening.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. will be required upon employment.
This information is also available on our Student Opportunities page.